Monday, May 7, 2012

Roasted Broccolini

I love baby broccoli - or, if you buy it at Trader Joe's "Broccolini."  A crazy lady I used to nanny for used to have broccolini in her house ALL THE TIME and I had to steam it for her kiddos anytime I made them dinner.  If I recall the kiddos never ate the steamed version & now I know why...  BECAUSE ROASTED BROCCOLINI is THE BEST!  :)  This is how I made our broccolini tonight.

1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2.  Rinse broccolini and pat dry
3.  Take out a cookie sheet and spread rinsed/dried broccolini on cookie sheet
4.  Drizzle EVOO over broccolini - toss with your hands to evenly cover broccolini with EVOO
5.  Sprinkle some good sea salt over EVOO coated broccolini
6.  Place cookie sheet in oven and roast broccolini until crispy (about 15-20minutes) - It's almost like broccolini chippies!
7.  Let cool slightly and serve as a side.

No comments: