Tuesday, January 12, 2010

BBQ Bone-In Pork Chops

I made these in my cast iron grill pan, but I'm sure you could make them in a regular skillet. This recipe is just the rub for the pork chops, it calls for quite a few spices. I didn't have all the spices but I found that Whole Foods Market has a bulk spice section where I could get just the amount of paprika, or dry mustard that I would need. This was a much more cost effective way to make this recipe!

Ingredients:
Serves 4
  • 1 tablespoon of light brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. paprika
  • 1 tsp. chili powder
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1/4 tsp. dry mustard
  • 1/8 tsp. all spice
  • 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper (or I used a few cracks of my black pepper)
  • 4 bone-in center-cut pork chops (I used bone-in pork chops but if you don't want to purchase bone-in this rub would work just fine with boneless.)
Directions:
  1. Combine the first 9 ingredients; rub over both sides of pork and let them sit (in the refrigerator) for about 30 minutes.
  2. Heat your grill pan or skillet over MEDIUM-high heat. Coat pan with olive oil, add pork and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and cook for 8-10 minutes more or until done, turning occasionally. Remove from pan and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
  3. Serve with potatoes and your favorite vegetable.

No comments: