Thursday, February 25, 2010

Crockpot Meatloaf

I love meatloaf and I love this recipe, especially because it isn't greasy. I guess it's not for everyone but if you like meatloaf, try it out and see what you think.
First of all, the crockpot I like to use is kindof an oval shape (about 5 1/2 quart), I use this one so that the fat isn't surrounding the meat the whole time.

2 1/2 pounds of ground beef or turkey (or a mix of both)
1/4 cup ketchup, plus 2 TBSP for later
1/4 cup water
1 egg
1 cup bread crumbs
1 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP worchestershire sauce
1 small onion (diced)
Salt/Pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
Form into meatloaf shape.
Line crockpot with aluminum foil (for a much easier clean up).
Place meatloaf into crockpot, top with an additional 2 TBSP ketchup.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

We love to serve it with green beans, mashed potatoes, and some brown gravy.
Enjoy!!!

No comments: