Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes


Anyone who knows me knows that I pretty much love ALL things pumpkin! Sweet or savory, if it's pumpkin, I will probably enjoy it. Pumpkin lattes, pumpkin risotto, pumpkin scones, pumpkin soup, and of course pumpkin pie! Well tonight the kiddos asked for "brefquist" (AKA "breakfast") for dinner and since I love breakfasty type foods almost as much as I love pumpkin I was more than happy to make them "brefquist" for dinner. (Especially since John is currently gone.)

Today was the first really cool & rainy day we've had in North Carolina since we've moved here so I decided to "celebrate" with Pumpkin Pancakes. The results were DELICIOUS and actually pumpkiny! I loved them. The kiddos did too. Micah & Lydia both ate 3! (We won't talk about how many I ate...) :) Noah even had a few little pieces. I would suggest serving them with real maple syrup or fried apples or apple butter.
  1. whisk 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour; 2 tablespoons sugar; 2 teaspoons baking powder; 1/2 teaspoon each cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt; 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg; and a pinch of ground cloves.
  2. In a separate bowl, stir together 1 cup milk, 6 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree, 2 tablespoons melted butter, and 1 egg; fold mixture into dry ingredients.
  3. Melt some butter in a skillet over medium heat; pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
  4. Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side; serve with butter and syrup.

Makes 8 to 10.Read more at Marthastewart.com: Pumpkin Pancakes - Martha Stewart Recipes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to go to there. -Ben